It’s nearly impossible to predict when an accident will happen. They can happen to anyone at any given time. If you have experienced a compromise in your dental health due to an accident or injury, Dr. Hernandez and his team can help repair damaged, broken, or missing teeth through our emergency dentistry services.
Parkwood Dental in Bradenton understands that accidents and urgent situations can arise. Dr. Hernandez is highly proficient in dental implants and cosmetic dentistry, excelling in emergency dental reparations. Contact us today to schedule your emergency dentistry consultation and so we can help you restore your smile.
CIRCUMSTANCES THAT MAY REQUIRE EMERGENCY DENTISTRY
Some incidents that can require emergency dentistry is when one or more teeth become cracked, chipped, or removed from the mouth entirely. A broken tooth can be a result of a fall, chewing hard food, or a sporting injury. A tooth emergency can also result from a possible infection causing ache and swelling.
If you have experienced damage to your dental health to any of these circumstances, schedule an appointment with us so that we can promptly discuss how to repair a broken tooth or get you out of pain.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING AN EMERGENCY DENTISTRY APPOINTMENT
During your appointment, the damaged or affected area will be carefully examined. From there, Dr. Hernandez and his team may take an x-ray and will determine the best possible approach based on your dental wellness needs.
If you are experiencing a dental emergency, our team at Parkwood Dental can help restore your teeth so you can feel comfortable smiling again. Contact us today to schedule your emergency dentistry consultation at your earliest convenience.
HERE ARE SOME TIPS FOR COMMON DENTAL EMERGENCIES
- For a knocked-out permanent or adult tooth, keep it moist at all times. If you can, try placing the tooth back in the socket without touching the root. If that’s not possible, place it in between your cheek and gums, in saltwater, or use a tooth preservation product that has the ADA Seal of Acceptance. Then, get to our office right away! Call 941-753-1432 to let us know you are on the way. You can leave a message with Dr. Hernandez after hours and the call will be forwarded to his mobile phone.
- During a dental emergency, a higher degree of trauma to the mouth can result in bleeding from or near a damaged or missing tooth. To ease bleeding prior to your appointment, we recommend applying a moistened cold compress to the targeted area.
- For a cracked tooth, immediately rinse the mouth with warm water to clean the area. Put cold compresses on the face to keep any swelling down.
- If you bite your tongue or lip, clean the area gently with water and apply a cold compress.
- For toothaches, rinse the mouth with warm water to clean it out. Gently use dental floss to remove any food caught between the teeth. Do not put aspirin on the aching tooth or gum tissues.
- For objects stuck in the mouth, try to gently remove with floss but do not try to remove it with sharp or pointed instruments.
HERE ARE SOME SIMPLE PRECAUTIONS YOU CAN TAKE TO AVOID ACCIDENT AND INJURY TO THE TEETH:
- Wear a mouth guard when participating in sports or recreational activities. At Parkwood Dental, we make customized mouth guards in both professional and local team colors!
- Avoid chewing ice, popcorn kernels, and hard candy, all of which can crack a tooth.
- Use scissors, NEVER your teeth, to cut things.