If you’re considering orthodontic treatment, it’s worth exploring the benefits of Invisalign over traditional braces. While they may cost more upfront, Invisalign can offer patients a far less invasive and more comfortable experience than metal braces — as well as some long-term benefits that make them worth the investment.
In this article, we’ll explore why so many people are choosing to invest in Invisalign over traditional braces, from aesthetic advantages to lifestyle considerations. We’ll also discuss ways to ensure you get the maximum benefit from your aligners throughout your treatment journey. So if you or someone close to you is looking into straightening teeth with a discreet and convenient solution, then keep reading for all the insight you need on why Invisalign might be right for your needs!
Differences between Invisalign and Traditional Braces
Invisalign and traditional braces are both orthodontic treatments designed to straighten teeth and improve the appearance of the smile. However, there are several unique differences between the two treatments.
- Appearance: One of the most significant differences between Invisalign and traditional braces is their appearance. Traditional braces are made of metal brackets and wires, while Invisalign uses clear plastic aligners that are nearly invisible.
- Comfort: Invisalign aligners are generally more comfortable than traditional braces. They are made of smooth plastic that is less likely to irritate the cheeks and gums.
- Maintenance: Traditional braces require more maintenance than Invisalign. They need to be adjusted by an orthodontist regularly, and food can get stuck in the wires and brackets, making it more difficult to clean the teeth.
- Treatment Time: Invisalign treatment usually takes less time than traditional braces. However, it is dependent on the complexity of the orthodontic case. However, on average, it can be completed in as little as six months. On the other hand, traditional braces may take up to two years to achieve the desired results.
- Cost: Invisalign treatment tends to be more expensive than traditional braces. The cost is generally determined by the complexity of the case as well as the location of the orthodontist.
- Effectiveness: Both Invisalign and traditional braces are effective at straightening teeth, but some cases may be better suited for one treatment over the other. Your orthodontist can help determine which treatment will work best for your specific needs.
Benefits of Invisalign over Traditional Braces
These two orthodontic treatments have their own unique advantages. However, Invisalign has been the top choice for many people due to various factors, including the following:
Invisalign aligners are an excellent choice for individuals who desire a discreet way of straightening their teeth as they are constructed with a clear plastic material that is virtually invisible. This is especially beneficial for adults who may feel self-conscious about wearing metal braces.
Invisalign aligners are made of smooth plastic that is less likely to irritate the cheeks and gums than metal braces. In addition, there are no wires or brackets to break or poke.
The Invisalign aligners are designed to be removable, allowing you to take them out while eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing, which promotes better oral hygiene throughout the treatment process. Moreover, it requires no tightening appointments because they fit snugly onto teeth without any painful adjustments needed.
4. No Dietary Restrictions
With traditional braces, there are certain foods you need to avoid, such as hard or sticky foods, to prevent damaging the brackets and wires. With Invisalign, there are no such restrictions since the aligners can be removed during meals.
5. Faster Treatment Time
Compared to traditional braces, Invisalign treatment generally requires less time to achieve desired results. While the duration of treatment depends on the severity of the case, in general, it can be completed as quickly as six months, whereas traditional braces may take up to two years to complete the treatment.
6. Predictable Results
Invisalign uses advanced computer imaging technology to create a custom treatment plan for each patient. This allows for more predictable results and can help you visualize what your smile will look like at the end of treatment.
Dental Insurance Coverage for Invisalign
When it comes to orthodontic treatment, many patients are curious about the coverage of their dental insurance for Invisalign. While many major dental insurance plans provide coverage for orthodontic care, there is still a lot of uncertainty surrounding the extent of the coverage. To clarify the coverage of your dental insurance for Invisalign treatment, here is what you need to know:
- Eligibility: Most dental insurance plans cover some portion of the cost associated with Invisalign similar to traditional metal braces. The exact amount that is covered depends on each individual plan as well as any other factors such as age or pre-existing conditions. To find out exactly how much your particular plan covers, contact your provider directly.
- Orthodontic Coverage: Many dentists provide additional discounts if you have an orthodontic insurance policy in place. These policies can help reduce the overall cost of treatment by covering certain services provided by the dentist, such as braces or retainers. Make sure to ask your dentist if they accept orthodontic coverage before signing up for one of these policies.
The costs associated with Invisalign vary depending on several factors, such as severity and duration of treatment needed, but having proper orthodontic coverage can make the process more manageable financially.
When considering Invisalign treatment as an alternative to traditional braces, there are many advantages worth noting. With the ability to treat a wide range of orthodontic cases with shorter overall treatment times and more convenience than ever before, it’s easy to see why this revolutionary technology is quickly becoming one of the most popular options for patients seeking straighter teeth. Plus, in some cases, insurance can help cover the cost making it even easier on your wallet.
So if you’re ready to take control of your smile and achieve beautiful results without sacrificing comfort or convenience, Parkwood Dental is here for you. Our team of experienced orthodontic professionals can help you determine whether Invisalign treatment is right for you and create a personalized treatment plan that meets your unique needs and goals. Schedule your appointment today!